Andrew Saltzman
I felt as if I was in a motionless semi-dead body. I could hear everything but, I couldn’t see anything around me. It felt like I was in an endless dream where everything was dark and nothing was light. It was so weird and felt as if I was getting controlled by a TV’s remote and I was in pause while everything else around me was in play. I stood there in my shower not knowing what to do or if I was even awake.
I had just been woked up by my mom to go to school. I was so tired that I could have been a bear who had just been woked up from hibernation. But I wasn’t just tired, I also felt very light headed and extremely dizzy. I was so dizzy, it felt like I had just got off a roller coaster with five loops. But I still got up and climbed into the shower. Once I was in the shower, things got even worse as I felt all the blood draining out of my face and slowly my eye sight vanished. Then my eye sight was completely gone, it was the strangest thing I have ever experienced. I could still move around and hear around me but everything was completely black. I was blind!
At first I thought it was just a dream or something and I thought I would eventually just wake up. But I did wake up so, I knew that what ever was happening was terrifyingly real. I just started crying and freaking out and fell in the shower, which made things even worse.
A little later my mom was walking down the hallway and heard me crying. She asked what was wrong and why I was crying and I told her, I went blind and I couldn't’t see a thing. So at first she didn’t believe me and asked, "Andrew is this a joke?" Then I replied, "No!!!" Then my mom replied, "Are you sure you don’t just have soap in your eyes?" I yelled, "Yes I am blind!" So she ran in and screamed for my dad because when she saw me, all of the blood in my face was drained out so I was white as a ghost and my dark pupils covered my entire eye.
So my mom went running for the phone to call 911 while my dad hopped out of the other shower in my parent’s bathroom and came sliding into the bathroom crashing into the sink. He got up and screamed to call 911 while he got me out of the shower and guided me into my parent's room. A little while after that my eye sight came back and the ambulance had arrived.
Then the paramedics took me to the ER in the ambulance to find out what had happened. The emergency doctor ran a ton of different blood test and then decided that I had some kind of fainting syndrome where the blood quickly runs out of your head and you end up going temporally blind while blacking out and eventually fainting. This can happen to growing teens when they get up too fast from a laying down position.
I felt as if I was in a motionless semi-dead body. I could hear everything but, I couldn’t see anything around me. It felt like I was in an endless dream where everything was dark and nothing was light. It was so weird and felt as if I was getting controlled by a TV’s remote and I was in pause while everything else around me was in play. I stood there in my shower not knowing what to do or if I was even awake.
I had just been woked up by my mom to go to school. I was so tired that I could have been a bear who had just been woked up from hibernation. But I wasn’t just tired, I also felt very light headed and extremely dizzy. I was so dizzy, it felt like I had just got off a roller coaster with five loops. But I still got up and climbed into the shower. Once I was in the shower, things got even worse as I felt all the blood draining out of my face and slowly my eye sight vanished. Then my eye sight was completely gone, it was the strangest thing I have ever experienced. I could still move around and hear around me but everything was completely black. I was blind!
At first I thought it was just a dream or something and I thought I would eventually just wake up. But I did wake up so, I knew that what ever was happening was terrifyingly real. I just started crying and freaking out and fell in the shower, which made things even worse.
A little later my mom was walking down the hallway and heard me crying. She asked what was wrong and why I was crying and I told her, I went blind and I couldn't’t see a thing. So at first she didn’t believe me and asked, "Andrew is this a joke?" Then I replied, "No!!!" Then my mom replied, "Are you sure you don’t just have soap in your eyes?" I yelled, "Yes I am blind!" So she ran in and screamed for my dad because when she saw me, all of the blood in my face was drained out so I was white as a ghost and my dark pupils covered my entire eye.
So my mom went running for the phone to call 911 while my dad hopped out of the other shower in my parent’s bathroom and came sliding into the bathroom crashing into the sink. He got up and screamed to call 911 while he got me out of the shower and guided me into my parent's room. A little while after that my eye sight came back and the ambulance had arrived.
Then the paramedics took me to the ER in the ambulance to find out what had happened. The emergency doctor ran a ton of different blood test and then decided that I had some kind of fainting syndrome where the blood quickly runs out of your head and you end up going temporally blind while blacking out and eventually fainting. This can happen to growing teens when they get up too fast from a laying down position.
The fifteen minutes I was blind was one of the scariest events in my life.
4 comments:
Yikes Andrew! The first sentence really captures the reader's attention! What great writing.
Ms. L
By the way, thanks for making comments on all our class blogs!
Andrew:
Unfortunately, I will always remember those terrifying fifteen minutes! I am so glad you ended up being alright and regaining your vision!
You did a wonderful job of recapturing the moment and taking me back to that frightening time.
Hugs,
Mom
Post a Comment